Valley TeleCom Group strives at all times to respect a customer's desire for privacy. We obtain and use individual customer information for business purposes only. The information is used to enable us to provide our customers with the best service and support possible. Customer information may also be used to protect customers, employees and property against fraud, theft, or abuse and to maintain good customer relations.
We do not release customer information to third parties - except as required by law or to protect the safety of customers, employees or property. Some examples include:
- We are required to release the information if served with valid legal process.
- We are required to provide billing name and address information to a customer'slong distance carrier and other telephone companies to allow them to bill fortelecommunications services.
- We are required to provide directory publishers and directory assistanceproviders with listing information including name, address, and phone number forpurposes of publishing and delivering directories and providing directoryassistance. Some of these requirements may not apply for Non-Listed or Non-Published numbers.
- We strive to ensure that the information we obtain and use is accurate.Customers who find an error in their bills are encouraged to notify us.
- Our employees are responsible for safeguarding individual customer informationand communications. All personnel are aware of and protect the privacy of allforms of customer communications and information. Employees who fail to followsafeguards face disciplinary action.
All information that Valley TeleCom Group obtains through the use of our website (www.vtc.net and other owned domains) is used for internal purposes only. We do not release this information to any third parties except as required by law. Any information asked for on our website will only be used to process your request.
One exception to the above policy is that we share a customer's first and last name and email address with Google via the Google Apps Partner Edition Service through our reseller NeoNova Network Services, Inc., in order to provide email and other services.
Any data shared with Google via the Google Apps Partner Edition Service, as per our contract with NeoNova Network Services, Inc., cannot be shared with any third parties. All subscriber and customer data remains solely the property of Valley TeleCom Group. In addition, when a customer uses email or other Google services, the customer may choose to permit information to be shared with others - e.g., to let others view photos stored in Picassa. It is up to the customer to decide which data is provided and stored by Google. Detailed information about how Google protects customer's privacy is given at http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=60762. Where that page refers to a "domain administrator", that entity is Valley TeleCom Group (which includes Valley Telephone Cooperative, Inc., Copper Valley Telephone, Inc. and Valley Connections, L.L.C.).
Even though we will use our best efforts to assure privacy and confidentiality, material on the web, email, or other electronic communications cannot be absolutely protected against unauthorized access. Unauthorized access is a function of the technology in today's environment, but Valley TeleCom Group will continue to strive to prevent unauthorized access.
If you have any questions about this policy or believe that it has not been followed, please contact us at 800.421.5711.